Allow to not create empty pull requests

Context
I receive a lot of pull requests from Transifex, once I change the settings.

Many of the create a pull request for a file which is already there with the same content.
You can see them here, the red ones.

Problem
I do not want to review useless pull requests.

Solution

• Do not open empty pull requests by default
  • Allow an opt-out in the settings.
    • If you allow an option to remove empty pull requests and you create an empty pull request, please inform the reviewer about that option in the pull request description.
1 Like

Hello @niccokunzmann,

Thank you for contacting with Transifex support.

According to your case, could you please share with us more information so as to understand better your case. What changes did you make and triggered these empty pull requests? I tried to change a YAML config file of a project of mine but I didn’t get any empty pull request.

Thank you in advance.

I think, I changed the mapping of the languages.

I am guessing: >ou create a commit with git. When no files are changed, git commit fails. In this case, the next command for pushing the branch should not execute.

Hello!
Is there any solutions to this problem? I have the same issue, i.e. every time I trigger manual update to Bitbucket, Pull Requests are opened for all of my translations files, even though there are no changes in them. I also have language mapping in my settings.

Hello @sebastian.kreft

Thank you for reaching out to Transifex community. Would you like to share with us the URL of your project in order to test this further?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,
Panagiotis

This is my project (but it’s private):
https://www.transifex.com/simployer/reporting-analytics/dashboard/

Thank you @sebastian.kreft for sharing this information.
Could you please send me an email to support@transifex.com in order to continue the discussion there?

Kind regards,
Panagiotis