[Bug] Unable to use a script as writing system in transifex

Hi transifixers,

There’s a bug in transifex platform that affect to use a specific script and see below details about how to reproduce it.

Problem: Due that reason we cannot use transifex for translate any projects well hosted in this platform. there’s no problem for some words but rest of words i usually type in browser address bar or text editor then copy and paste to transifex

System: Ubuntu 20.04.2
Language: Sinhala (si)
Browser: Chromium 94.0.4595.0 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)
Install Chromium on Linux | Snap Store | sudo snap install chromium --edge
Writing system: Sinhala script
Steps to enable: Settings → Region & Language → Input sources → + → Sinhala → Sinhala (wijesekara (m17n))

Steps to reproduce
May be you don’t know how to write any word using that writing system so below i provide step by step instruction about type some affected words using english keyboard keys.

Furthermore, that unable to type words in transifex editor are able type well in this discourse topic description without any problem and other translation platforms.

Example: Device → උපාංගය (pron: upaangaya) | shift-w + m + d + x + . + h
(Above showed about non-affected word, means it can type in translation editor then when you continue type something it must appear as showed without stuck or failures)

Unable to type words.

1. Anonymously → නිර්නාමිකව | pron: nirnaamikawa)
    k + s + r + a + k + d + u + s + l + j
  2. Connection → සම්බන්ධතාවය | pron: sambandathaawaya
    i + u + a + n + k + a + shift-o + ; + d + j + h
  3. Allow → ඉඩදෙනවා | pron: idadenawaa
    b + v + f + o + k + j + d
  4. Encryption → සංකේතාංකනය pron: sankeethaankanaya
    i + x + f + l + a + ; + d + x + l + k + h

Hi @helabasa ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this detailed description and report this issue.

We have created a ticket in our backlog in order to investigate this further.

We will keep you posted on any new developments.

In the meantime, can you please let us know if using a different browser works just to confirm if it’s Chromium related issue or not?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

In the meantime, can you please let us know if using a different browser works just to confirm if it’s Chromium related issue or not?

I use brave, vivaldi etc except to chromium and those are chromium based but that is transifex problem, not browser related issue. If you read above details carefully then you can find below contents

words i usually type in browser address bar or text editor then copy and paste to transifex

browser address bar means the GUI widget that shows the current URL eg: https://community.transifex.com/

are able type well in this discourse topic description without any problem and other translation platforms.

• this discourse topic description means above topic description and transifex use discourse software to run this community site.
  • other translation platforms eg: crowdin, glotpress etc.

Good day

Hi @helabasa ,

Thank you for providing us with additional information.

This is definitely something we will investigate further and try to address. I just wanted to confirm if this behaviour affects one browser and if a different browser could be used as a workaround until we have a solution for the issue you are facing.

Thank you once again for your time and information you shared already.

As soon as we have further updates on this, we will definitely let you know.

Regards,
Nina