Dark them for transifex

Hello,
What do you think of proposing a dark them for transifex?
Regards
Pierre

3 Likes

@Iriep thank you for sharing your feedback with us :slight_smile:

This is already a feature we have included in our future plans and soon the dark mode will be an option in Transifex Web Editor.

1 Like

Please make sure that it will have better contrast than the light theme. No dark grey text please.

For example, the contrast between the icons in this text box is not sufficient and some items in the light theme are almost invisible because of the “let’s use grey” web design fad.

@gunchleoc,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us :slight_smile: Would it be possible to share a screenshot where the points you highlighted are included? This will help us understand the pain points you mentioned and ensure that these are taken care as well.

1 Like

2 posts above:

For example, the contrast between the icons in this text box is not sufficient and some items in the light theme are almost invisible because of the “let’s use grey” web design fad.

Also, the search icon and hamburger menu on top.

In the Transifex editor

• everything in the context tab
  • string instructions
  • some links are only visible on mouseover, so you have to know that they’re there. Luckily, I started using Transifex before the big UI redesign a couple of years ago. I reported the problem at once, but nothing has happened yet.

I could go on… best use one of the numerous free sites that offer tests for accessibility. Here are some for starters:

I tried using Firefox’s accessibility features, but swapping out the css makes the Transifex editor look absolutely horrible, because it’s a complex application.

Even for those who are not vision impaired, low contrast still causes eye strain when you do this as a job and have to look at it closely all day :wink:

@gunchleoc,

Thank you so much for elaborating more on this :slight_smile:

I shared your feedback with the team.

Dark theme is going to be available soon.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

It would be a very nice idea to have it as an option. Thanks a lot for listening to feedback. @nina

1 Like

We are pleased to announce that we have launched a “dark mode” feature for our editor.

To enable “dark mode”:

1. Go to the Transifex editor.

2. Select the cog icon followed by “Editor Preferences”
    Editor-Settings

3. In the “Editor Preference” modal select the “Enable dark mode” toggle.
    editor-pref

4. The editor will now be displayed in dark mode.

6 Likes