Filter option for new suggestions

Our team has large resources in Transifex. Some editors make suggestions to improve translations. But as reviewer I can’t see where suggestions have been placed. Would be good to have a filter to see suggestions [e.g. new since dd-mmm, of new non-reviewed].
Any other useful tip or trick is also welcome.

1 Like

Hi @rdnnk,
We are glad to see you contributing to our community!
Regarding your question, when you say “some editors make suggestions to improve translations”, are you referring to people that suggest changes using the Comments and Issues tab? Can you elaborate a bit more on your workflow? If that’s the case, have you tried to use the “Comments” filter and add a * to see comments? Another solution to track it, would be to ask those editors to open an “Issue”, and then you can mark it as resolved. That way, you will be able to filter by “Opened” issues. Does it make sense?

I want to make sure I understand the problem you are facing, to help you improve your process.

I look forward to furthering information :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Hi Flavia, thanks for your followup.
What I mean is the suggestion tab in the same area.
Editors can add their suggestion on already translated and reviewed strings.
I know the other tab with comments. Unfortunately also other languages show up here. This disturbs an easy overview of all items. Marking items as issues, I thinks also others who reported issues in different languages get messages that way, or if they should tag me, I don’t know if all editors know who to tag here…

Same here for the Nextcloud project.
We have some suggestions and without a pointer to the specific string I have no chance to filter for them.
Just had a deeper look at the filter bar and could not find a solution.
Any hints in 2020?

@JimmyKater JFYI

1 Like

Hi @rakekniven,

Currently, it is not possible to filter strings by user suggestions. What we usually recommend is once translators add a new suggestion to a string, to also add a comment where they will @mention the project maintainer, reviewer or whoever is responsible to review. The user will get notified with a link which will redirect him to the editor with the specific target language already selected.

I completely understand the challenges @rdnnk shared above and totally make sense.

We will definitely keep you posted on any further developments on our side :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rdnnk @rakekniven

I hope you are both doing well. I just wanted to follow up on this and provide you with an update about user suggestions enhancements.

We recently introduced a new notification type that notifies via both email and in-app notifications translators/reviewers of a translation when a user suggestion is added by another user in the editor.
Translators/reviewers can easily find this suggestion in the editor, by following the link included in the notification they receive.

This notification type can be enabled or disabled under user’s profile settings page:

I hope you find this new feature useful.

I will definitely keep you posted on any further developments on our side :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @rdnnk , @rakekniven ,

I wanted to follow up on this and share another product update related to user suggestions that you might find useful :slight_smile:

Specifically, we introduced a new filter in the editor that allows you to list all strings with user suggestions available as shown below:

Hey Nina,

very nice to provide updates to us.

Please see Log in · Transifex

There are more than a thousand suggestions. AFAICS these are not suggestions entered by users. They are created by the TX intelligence, or?

A filter for “real” user suggestions is the target. Hopefully others agree with me.

Cheers,
Mark

btw. love the hat you wear on your profile picture. Reminds me on holidays :desert_island:.

1 Like

Hi @rakekniven ,

Thank you for your response.

This is not expected. As you mentioned, this filter should return only the strings for which at least a user suggestion is present in the specific language.

Please let me forward the issue to our team and as soon as there is an update, I will let you know.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

Hi @rakekniven ,

I hope you are doing well.

This is to let you know that the issue has been addressed and the filter should work now as expected.

Thank you once again for taking the time to report this.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for your quick response.

Filter now works as expected :grinning:.

That brings me to another question:
If a user is adding a suggestion and the reviewers will not accept it so how can the suggestion be removed / denied?

Sorry for some delay in reviewing and answering.
Thanks for your follow up on our suggestions. Really works good. Big improvement !

1 Like

Hi @rakekniven ,

A suggestion can only be removed/deleted by the creator. Other users can only upvote or remove their vote if they change their mind.

Do you have any other suggestions for this feature and how we could improve this?

Hello @nina,

in Nextcloud we currently have 17k strings.
For german (my native language) there are 224 suggestions available.
Many of them have already been applied and therefor not necessary any more.

So why not removing suggestions as soon as a translated string matches the suggestion?

Another thought: A team manager, coordinator or even a language reviewer should be able to remove/close suggestions cause they getting outdated, obselete.
And you will get too many to handle. The interesting are the new ones.
btw. many translators join, adding translations and suggestions and disappear after a short time.
Such users will never come back and remove their suggestions.

What do you think?

Bye

1 Like

Hi @rakekniven ,

Thank you very much for your input and suggestions.

I will share them with the team and evaluate further how we can improve this feature in the future.

We really appreciate your time on this :slight_smile:

1 Like