Translation not apper on my project

Although I have already translated the source file and the translation is also there in the local development, the translation is not visible when I access my project. Here is the link to the error page: 保持你的方向(又称不旋转……又称驾驶 “直线”),同时以场地为中心 - 6940 Swerve 文档

The translation can be found here on Github:

I’m hoping someone can assist me. Please let me know whether ReadtheDocs is the cause of the issue so I can get in touch with them right away. However, I continue to believe that Transifex is the issue.

Hello Daniel!

The resource on Transifex for the resource “docs–software-info-team1684–integrating-other-PIDs–drive-straight” seems to be correctly translated in Transifex and then synced to GitHub, so up until this point, everything went smoothly.

Since you have the translation, but they don’t appear in readthedocs.io, I would guess that the issue is there. You used Transifex to create the Translation files, and then those translations were synced to your GitHub, where you committed them to your project. Past that, you are not using Transifex or our integrations. It is just your PO file and readthedocs.

If you are using the 100% translated file, there is no reason I can think of that readthedocs should not display the translations you have created. Please make sure you are using the PO file containing all translations, and if the issue persists, I suggest you ask readthedocs if they have any insight regarding the matter.

If they identify any specific issue with Transifex, please let me know, and I will get back to you as soon as possible to sort it out.

Kind regards,

Antonis

1 Like

I appreciate your reply. Before requesting help from readthedocs, I want to make sure that this is a problem with tx/config since PO files are described there. Additionally, some of the translation is still hidden even after I repeatedly rebuilt my readthedocs project.

Hello Daniel,

If there were an issue with Transifex, the tx/config, or the GitHub integration, you would see issues with the translations you received in GitHub.

Since the translations arrived in your repo and are whole, we know all the steps from Transifex went on without an issue.

The issue right now is that even though you have 100% translated files, when you push them to ReadTheDocs, you don’t see all the translations, which shouldn’t happen. Transifex doesn’t talk directly with ReadTheDocs to send the files. This issue is occurring somewhere in the communication between ReadTheDocs and GitHub.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Antonis

Thanks for your reply! I have found where the error is. That’s because there is a space in front of the translation. It’s hard to identify this small error! From my perspective, Transifex should have a procedure to check for minor errors like these automatically and remind the user when they are translating.

Best
Daniel