What is <TX_DOT> and why is it added to my resource string key?

I’m using the [File Upload] API to upload a new translation file. My yaml file has keys with . delimiters. When uploaded to the project/resource, Transifex has changed the . to <TX_DOT>. This change remains when pulling the translated data down later. This is a new behavior as far as I can tell. Do I need to just replace that character on my side or is this a mistake I’m making?

Hello!,

Thanks for reaching out to Transifex support.

Yes!, This is expected, and this is why. Let’s say you have the following structure in the YAML file :

en:

web-forms:

design-elements:

meta-preheader: Hey There!

Our logic is to separate each key level with “.” so with the above, you will get the following key: “web-forms.design-elements.meta-preheader”, Now let’s say you decide to use a dot instead of a dash; the result will be something like this: “web-forms.design-elements.meta<TX_DOT>preheader”

We understand this is not expected by you and we apologize for the inconvenience, but we needed to implement a way to preserve our logic, so, I’m afraid you must implement a way to change the key or to map this values on a little script outside Transifex.

Let me know if you have any further questions, once again, I. apologize for the inconvenience

Cesar Alberto Garcia Vazquez | Customer Success Engineer

Ok. So it seems i need to change the uploads that i’m using to break on the dot and send a nested object instead of compound keys.

Hello,

Yes, You could split your key and avoid having dots in it, the output will be something like this:

File:
en:

meta:

preheader: Hey There!

String = Hey There!

Key = en.meta.preheader

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

To address this, you have two options:

Replace <TX_DOT> with a dot on your side after pulling the translated data. Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2017 deals.
Change your upload process to avoid using dots in keys. You could split your key and send a nested object instead of compound keys