We would like to announce that effective from April 3rd, 2023, our web application will be accessible via a new domain, namely app.transifex.com.
What is changing?
Effective April 3rd, 2023, we will be transitioning the domain of our web application from www.transifex.com to app.transifex.com. Please note that our API will remain unchanged, and the marketing website will still be accessible through www.transifex.com.
This change will only affect how you access your organization through your web browser. For instance, if your organization’s current URL is www.transifex.com/my_example_organization/, it will be relocated to app.transifex.com/my_example_organization/.
To provide sufficient time for the necessary updates, Transifex will automatically redirect all requests made to the previous domain until July 3rd, 2023. We recommend updating any links you have been using or sharing to avoid any interruption after this date.
Changing our web application’s domain provides several benefits, including:
- Greater flexibility in adding new features on both the marketing website and the app.
- Better, faster, and more stable experience.
- Improved security measures on both the application and infrastructure levels by creating a separation of concerns.
How am I affected?
Between April 3rd and July 3rd
There will be no changes during the initial three-month period (from April 3rd to July 3rd), and you should continue to access your organization through the www.transifex.com domain.
- If you have an organization with SSO enabled, certain actions, such as installing new integrations and context for files, will not be available until your SSO settings are updated. However, you should still be able to carry out your daily localization tasks without disruption.
- If you use Transifex Live and you load the live.js script from your own domain instead of Transifex CDN, you will need to get the latest version of live.js. Furthermore, if you have implemented any custom security settings for www.transifex.com, you should update them to app.transifex.com.
- If you use Transifex translation widgets for your public projects to display your project’s translation statistics on your website as an interactive chart, then you will need to update the script by replacing www.transifex.com with app.transifex.com
After July 3rd, any browser URL directing to your organization via www.transifex.com will no longer be functional. It’s important to note that this change will not affect API URLs. Any integrations built with Transifex using our API will remain unaffected, and Transifex’s integrations should continue to operate smoothly.
What do I need to do?
Between April 3rd and July 3rd
We kindly request that you update any URLs shared with your team or used in any other way that direct to your organization, such as www.transifex.com/my_example_organization/, to the new domain, app.transifex.com/my_example_organization/.
Organizations with SSO enabled will need to update the SSO provider settings starting April 3rd to ensure access to all transifex actions. Specifically:
Single Sign On URL