Manage 2 organizations from my user

I have the following situations, I’m running an organization using my name (yaron), there are several projects under my organization including VLC, recently I got a request from VLC to transfer the project from my organization to a VLC dedicated organization so the URL will be less confusing for the translators (vlc/vlc) instead of (yaron/vlc-trans).
Is there a way to add another organization from my user while keep managing my organization or do I have to change my home organization to VLC in order to make it work?

Thanks.

Hello @yaron,

I am Antonis from the Transifex Customer Success team. Nice to meet you!

You can be part of multiple organizations with a single account, so no worries. The project will still need to be transferred manually to the VLC organization as there isn’t a way to transfer a project across organizations at the moment.

That way, you will keep your own organization and be able to work in other organizations such as VLC as well.

Please let me know if this answer was helpful, and if you have any additional questions, I will gladly assist you.

Kind regards,

Antonis

I’m not sure I fully understand, can I open a new organization from my account?
How can I transfer a project?
Thanks.

Hello @yaron,

You can create only one organization with your account, but you can join other organizations as a member and freely switch between them.

To transfer a project to another organization, you will need to do the following:

1. Download all source and translation files.
  2. Download your project’s Translation Memory.
  3. Upload them to the new project.

If you have GitLab set up and everything is synced already, you can use your existing configuration file with the new organization/project. This will allow you to sync all source and translation files automatically, and once done, you can remove it. The only thing you have to do then is download the TMX file. The process for that is explained here.