Using multiple transifex projects in react app

We have several projects.

1. A storybook as a component library.
  2. A platform app - our main app.
  3. A user portal - another side app.
  4. A React native app.

Current set-up:
We are using transifex/native with transifex/react.
We have created separate projects in transifex for all the above.

Issue:
Our main platform app uses the storybook. But we can only init the transifex with one token and that is of this main app. So, our storybook components are not able to set-up the right token - as their token is of a separate project for it’s own storybook.

Solutions.

1. I believe we should just have a single project on transifex for translation and use that across all apps.
  2. However, is there any way to solve this without giving up different projects in transifex?

Summary:
App1 uses Storybook1 and we have separate projects of them in transifex.
We want to somehow access both App1 and Storybook1 resources in App1 project.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Thank you @Saad_Awan

Regarding to your case, the best option is to use a single resource for all of them. However, I will forward this case to our product team for further evaluation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Panagiotis

Thanks.
Please do ping if there is another option to use multiple projects within one project. Thanks.

Let me explain why we can’t use the same project.

So just to start again:
App1 uses Storybook1 and we have separate projects of them in transifex.
We want to somehow access both App1 and Storybook1 resources in the App1 project.

Why we are not using a single project:
We are using the purge feature - which removes any translation which is not present in the App1 when you push changes.
So, if we use single project then we can’t use it anymore because the other translations are in storybook. And when we use the push feature on storybook then it will remove all the translations which are not on storybook but front-end.
And we want to use purge because otherwise when we are going to add another language then we will be translating many un-necessary strings.

So, we got to find a way to use two transifex projects within one app.
Please help. Thanks.

Hello @Saad_Awan,

Please see here for the latest updates on this… Using multiple transifex projects in react app - - #2 by Ryan

Regards,
Ryan
Transifex Customer Support

1 Like