Add new characters in the section "Add special characters"

Hello,
Would it be possible to add new characters in the section “Add special characters”?

• For example: ù, Ù. ñ, Ñ.
    Thanks a lot
    Best
    Pierre

Hi @Iriep,
Thanks for submitting here your request!
Our product team will keep it in mind for future improvements.

In the meanwhile, let us know if you have any trouble using the keyboard shortcuts to add those special characters on translations :wink:

You can also refer tothis post on solving issues related to keyboard conflicts.

Best,
Flavia

1 Like

How about allowing per-locale or per-user characters?

For example, ⁊ would be very useful to me because it can’t be typed on most keyboards, but it’s only of interest to people translating to Goidelic languages and would clutter everybody else’s UI.

1 Like

@gunchleoc,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. What you mentioned totally makes sense.

We have already forwarded your request to the rest of the team in order to check how this can be addressed on our end.

Hi @gunchleoc, @Iriep,

We recently updated our special characters list in the editor. From now on, translators will be able to use an extended list of special characters based on the languages they are working on.

You can enter the editor and check the available list there.

Thank you both for your feedback and for helping us improve Transifex!

Hi @nina,
Thanks a lot for all the super job you’re doing you and the Transifex’s team!
I’m pretty sure that it will help a lot of translators.
All the characters I need are available now ! :slight_smile:
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay, goodness!

We could also use some superscript characters for our ordinal numbers that we didn’t think of when we created the CLDR character set, would it be possible to add them too?

ᵃᵈʰʳᵐⁿˢ

Thanks @gunchleoc. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team :slight_smile:

Hi!

Is it possible to extend the special characters list with the Return key symbol (⏎)? We have to show keyboard shortcuts with these symbols in our app localization. Since the symbol also indicates a new line in Transifex, our translations that include the Return symbol are automatically modified from ⏎ (entrée) to just (entrée).

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your feedback @miharu_s. I will pass your feedback along!

I made the idea to design IDR Crypto Currance, it was my own idea. There are some friends of mine who support my idea but we don’t have enough money to continue. The market is huge in our country, Indonesia to develop IDR CryptoCurrance. because the pandemic situation left entrepreneurs at a deficit. But I believe there is still time for me to develop it.
And I hope we continue to communicate and in.

Regards
Daud Pagirik
From Indonesia
Contact whatsapp+6282157117627