CSV Resources Support (Comma Separated Values)

We need to translate some CSV files (Comma Separated Value) but I can see that Transifex can process only Magento files.

CSV is used in many ways and it’s very important for exporting-importing tables.

What if you could allow to process any CSV files, by asking to the user 1. the “comma” to be used (comma, semicolon, tab, etc.) 2. if to exclude or not the first row (columns header) 3. which columns need to be translated (to avoid columns with numbers and codes).

Of course same settings should be kept when downloading the translated resource.

Hi Alessandro!
Thanks for joining the community and submitting this question.
A quick workaround for this type of file would be to save it as an excel file.
You can find further information about this file format here.
All you need is to name the column’s headers according to your project’s language name or code.
If you have duplicate entries, then add to the “Context” column a different value to differentiate them.

Feel free to reach out to support if you have any problem uploading the Xlsx file.

I hope this workaround works for you, and we will discuss further with the product team the request and update you when we have a resolution about that :slight_smile:

Best,
Flavia

Hi Flavia!
Thanks for the answer, I din’t know yet Transifex was also offering this feature.

Anyway we use CSV files that contains only one language and may have more than one columns to be translated, aside some other not-translatable columns (data):

1 | Acute Flaccid Paralysis .| Characterized by weakness or paralysis | ND | 0 | 1 | 1
2 | Cholera . . . . . . . . . . . . . | Infection of the small intestine . . . . . . . . | ND | 0 | 1 | 1
3 | Diarrhoea-Dysentry . . . .| Inflammatory disease of the colon . . . . . | ND | 2 | 1 | 1

In this case the “key” will be the first column, and the columns to be translated are second and third one, following ones are data needed to the software.

Another problem is that in the CVS we may have duplicated records, and this is because the application works like that (actually the “key” is the first column, not the English translation itself) so the XLSX has to be prepared before to upload on Transifex.

We could prepare one spreadsheet for each CVS with only one column to be translated, and then after the translations split the downloaded file into the original ones, but of course this would be a much longer procedure.

Anyway I will give it a try!

Best,
Alessandro