Important Update: Latest Android Parser (v3.0) Set as Default Starting June 10th

Dear Transifex Community,

We would like to announce an important update about our latest Android parser (v3.0). This parser’s version not only guarantees consistent handling and generation of valid Android files within Transifex but also enhances the overall translation experience, especially when dealing with strings containing special characters like ampersand &, less than <, greater than >, line breaks, etc.).

Previously, translators faced challenges when encountering strings with special characters, such as:

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.23.07 AM

However, with the introduction of our new parser, translators now experience:

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.21.52 AM

Benefits:

• Improved Accuracy: Our updated parser ensures accurate parsing and generation of Android files.
  • Enhanced Translation Experience: Translators can now seamlessly work with strings containing special characters, leading to a smoother translation process and experience.

Preparing for the Change

The new Android 3.0 parser was released in January, as announced here. Currently, this version of the parser is the default option for creating Android resources via the Transifex Web Interface. We are now planning to extend this default setting to resources created via API/GO CLI. However, before implementing this change, we want to give our users the opportunity to prepare.

What’s Next?

We are gearing up to roll out this release on June 10, 2024. In the meantime, we encourage you to explore more details about how the Android 3.0 parser handles escaping in our Help Center article here.

Please be aware that any existing resources parsed by an older version of the parser won’t be affected; they will continue to be parsed as they were before this release.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. We’re committed to providing you with the best localization experience possible, and this update is just one step in that direction.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up and share the latest news: as of today, June 10th, the latest Android parser (v3.0) is now the default option for creating resources via our API/GO CLI!

So, if you’re integrating Transifex with your Android projects or using our API/GO CLI for resource management, you’re already benefiting from the enhancements brought by v3.0.

As always, we’re committed to providing you with the best tools and updates to streamline your localization workflows. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to drop them in the comments below or reach out to our support team.

Wishing you all a fantastic Monday! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

I need someone to translate my poems from Uzbek to English. someone help me. I was publishing a book. I will definitely include his name in my book. and this book will be published in Uzbekistan