Set a shared character limit for multiple strings

The change log of an app is often limited to 500 carters on the Play Store. In our project each item on the change log is a separate text string. one item is longer than the other.
We would like to be able to set a shared character limit on this group of text strings, rather than a set limit per string.

Hi

Unfortunately, this is not supported. However, I have shared your feedback with our Product team.

In the meantime, the only way to keep track of it is probably via a script that will check the number of characters on a resource or on a project level for each target language and compare it with the limit you want to set. This is the only workaround I can think of at the moment.

Additionally, how would you expect such a feature to work? For example, if you have 10 strings in a resource/project and the total character limit should be 100 characters, how would the translators be able to limit their translations based on a restriction provided on a resource/project level? If the limit is violated, will they need to review all the translations again?

Regards,
Ryan
Transifex Customer Support

As long as the UI is clear about which strings are coupled together (and maybe limit the group size to 10 or such) than yes the translator should be able to go back to one of the other strings and see if the translation can be shortened there to get more room on another translation.

Not ideal? Maybe. But the current situation is worse.

Hello,

I have added your latest comments to the ticket we have for this. We will keep updated if and when there is any update to that ticket.

Cheers,
Ryan
Transifex Customer Support

1 Like

Hello there,
I have understood your question and have a solution of it:
To give a limit to the input field, use the min and max attributes, which is to specify a maximum and minimum value for an input field respectively. To limit the number of characters, **use the maxlength attribute. Moreover visit WhatsApp Plus Mod APK for more info.

HI!
Use the following code for string:
Input : str = “abba”
Output : 2
The maximum number of characters are
between two occurrences of ‘a’.

Input : str = “baaabcddc”
Output : 3
The maximum number of characters are
between two occurrences of ‘b’.

Input : str = “abc”
Output : -1
If you have more confusion then visit video downloader for detailed info.

I don’t think that relates to this topic at all actually.

The length of the string can be limited in PHP using various in-built functions, wherein the string character count can be restricted. Approach 1 (Using for loop): **The str_split() function can be used to convert the specified string into the array object. You can also shared cursed text in this way.