Add keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Enter" for sending comments

Many times I enter comments and have to click “Add comment” with my mouse.

It would be better to be able to type your comment and press “Ctrl + Enter” to add my comment.

Many web sites are working this way like slack, wrike, outlook webmail

1 Like

Same for issues. Add your precious text and press “Ctrl + Enter”.

As I am a non english native speaker: Is ENTER or RETURN the correct word for the key?

Any update on this one?

Hello rakekniven!

Please accept my apologies for the late reply,

Currently, there is no shortcut for adding a new comment; If it helps, regarding comments, we have a shortcut to go to the comments section (ctrl + 5).

Also, you can use TAB or ctrl + alt + ↓ to save your current translation and move to the next string.

If you want to learn more about the shortcuts available, you can look at this article.

Hello @Sandy_DLR thanks for your anwer.

Outlook allows you to send a message via CTRL + ENTER.
Thunderbird as well.
GitHub allows you to enter comments via CTRL + ENTER.

Please consider adding such useful shortcuts for power users. Should be easy to implement and provides benefit.

Thanks.

Hello rakekniven!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I added it to our product improvement suggestion lists. Comments like yours help us create a better product. It will be considered for future releases. I’ll notify you in case this improvement is available to use

Is there a status update for this improvement?

Hello rakekniven!

I’ve included your request in our feature request records for the team’s consideration in our roadmap. While I can’t guarantee immediate implementation due to resource constraints, we appreciate your suggestion. I apologize for not resolving this for you now, but we’ll certainly keep it in mind for future updates. Any developments will be communicated here.

- Sandy