Zapier is an inexpensive tool that allows two different applications from different vendors to exchange data and communicate with each other. Transifex has developed a Zapier App and as such, by using Zapier, Transifex can retrieve files from and send translation files to google drive. No coding is required. Configuration is a matter of selecting items from drop down lists. By using our Zapier integration the following can be accomplished:
- Create new resources in Transifex simply by adding new content to Google Drive. The new content in Google Drive then gets pushed to Transifex, creating a new resource that is ready to be translated.
- When content (strings) are added/removed to/from existing documents on Google Drive, this same content is then sent to the corresponding resource in Transifex.
- When translations are completed, by using Zapier and Transifex’s web-hook integration, Transifex will automatically push completed translations to Google Drive using the naming convention of your choice.
In order to get started do the following:
- Create a Zapier account using your e-mail address at www.zapier.com.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get invited (gain access) to our Zapier application. Provide us with the e-mail address used in Step 1.
- Create your automated workflow by following the detailed step by step instructions found here.