How to reach a language team members? Reviewers, translators, all

Hello,

the Nextcloud project has more than 2.500 members.
Some times an issues is reported e.g. for italian. So how to notify all members of italian language team?

Idea:
Add feature @italian_team, @italian_reviewer , @italian_translator, @italian_coordinator to notify groups.

What do you think?

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback and for your excellent suggestion. I have informed my product team who will investigate this for future product implementation. Once I have an update, I will let you know. However please keep in mind such decisions may take some time, so I thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Hello,

how do other OSS projects work to manage their teams?
Feedback will be appreciated.

Cheers

Scratch has more than 1000 translators, and we’ve definitely wished there was a feature like this. For a general announcement to a specific language we sometimes post a message in the forums. It’s not a good solution if there is an issue with a particular translation and you want a reviewer to check it.

I would even say that 90% of the time what we need is a way to notify reviewers for a language. So while it would be great to have all your suggestions, we’d be happy with just @italian_reviewer.

1 Like

Hello

As mentioned by chrisg, you can use discussions to send a message to an entire team for a specific language. This is described here: https://docs.transifex.com/teams/announcements-and-discussions#starting-a-discussion. I also want to thank chrisg for her valuable feedback.

Kind Regards,

How does this help in my use case?

You are in the editor and work on reported issues. Now you like to modify all reviewers of e.g. thai language. Should I then copy the URL and start a new discussion by pointing the reviewers to that issue by inserting a link which isn’t shown as a hyperlink?

That’s more than cumbersome

Hi @rakekniven,

Unfortunately, for the time being, this is the only way to notify a specific language group regarding issues.

We have shared your feedback with our product team so that they can evaluate this request and properly prioritize this based on the current initiatives.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

We will definitely keep you both posted.

Best,
Nina