Missing translations and wrong statistics of untranslated strings

In the image below, it is mentioned that there are 0 untranslated string, which contradicts the several untranslated strings that are below.
However, if you select a string, you will notice that it has been translated in the past (101%) and translation memory fill-up option is checked for the project. I can uncheck/recheck again to see if that would populate them, but I think it might be good t report this inconsistency beforehand.
Also note that tx pull returns the strings untranslated.

Hello! Thank you for contacting us; I reviewed the resource you shared with us, and I found the root cause of this situation.

It appears that these empty translations were saved and reviewed by the Transifex-bot through an automated workflow on Transifex. This helped us identify that this issue occurred because a “notranslate” smart tag was added to these translations nine months ago.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 15.35.43

In the case of the previously translated translations, when the smartag was applied, they were emptied automatically. This is the behavior setup in your project settings.
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 15.41.22

This behavior is described in our documentation:
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 17.09.23

I hope this answer helps; please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

- Sandy

Hello Sandy,
Thanks for your quick reply.

It appears that these empty translations were saved and reviewed by the Transifex-bot through an automated workflow on Transifex. This helped us identify that this issue occurred because a “notranslate” smart tag was added to these translations nine months ago.

Yes, months ago I pulled automated translations from earlier versions to this branch and months ago I set up the notranslate tag (I can’t remember in which order these were done).
What I doubt I did (but I can be wrong) is to have tagged most of the strings in this file as notranslate. And as you can see in the screenshot, they are currently not tagged as such. Assuming I had applied the notranslate tag, should they not revert to a state they are applied their old translation, now that the tag is removed?
Quotng the same docs you pointed me to

1. If the notranslate tag is removed from a:
  • Non-pluralized string. The translation is reverted to the one right before the tag was applied. Suppose the project setting is set as “not affect translations”. In that case, the string is marked as translated, reviewed, or proofread depending on its previous state (if the string was untranslated, it will return to the untranslated state since that was its earlier state before tagging). If the project setting is either “replace target with source” or “empty translations”, the string will be marked as translated no matter what the state was before the notranslate tag was applied.

Would unchecking then re-checking the memory translation help fix the empty translations? Or any ideas how I can get back my translations to the strings and have a build coherent with the translation efforts, please?
Thanks.

Thank you, DelazJ,

What you point out is correct; After removing the smart tag, the translations should be reverted back to their original state. I will investigate this further to determine the cause of the issue and find a solution.

- Sandy